Monday, August 10, 2015

New Character Additions || Shades of Reason



Hey guys!

I've got the Keira Knightly character's name for you, and a new character who'll be in SOR {Shades of Reason} her younger sister, Mercedes!


She'll be Genevieve Kerr Wiley.
I realized that because her character is married to Fletcher Wiley that she also needs to have a kid who's around twenty three or so by 2013, so that means she'd have to be married before 1993, when SOR takes place.
Genevieve is the daughter of a crime family named the Kerrs.
One reason I liked the name "Kerr" was that the "K" in it is the first letter in Keira Knightly's first and last names. I like to tie in actor's names and even other characters they might have played to my own characters names sometimes.
I thought that the name "Genevieve" was a good alternative to "Genesis" which was my first choice for her. The reason I changed it was because 1. D wanted Genesis to be a good guy's name 2. I wanted to use the name for someone who we'll see more, instead of someone who won't make a whole lot of appearances *spoilers*.


Mercedes Kerr is Genevieve's younger sister. She is played by the actress Natalie Dormer.
It's rather amusing because "Mercedes" {Benz} is a car brand and "Kerr" sounds a lot like "car". *spoilers* She is also connected to someone with the name "Ben" like "Benz" {who will most likely not be turning up in this book}, so we obviously had fun with this :)
Mercedes will make a short appearance in this book, but you'll see her around.



We've been totally off schedule for a while, so now we're hopefully starting up again! We just got back from San Diego on Tuesday, which was a fun and warm trip.
I'll try to get D to do a COW new character post on Wednesday {but she might not, since we're helping at Senior Luncheon at our church and I volunteered to make the dessert}.
Thanks so much for sticking with us!


~Willow

1 comment:

  1. Why hello=) I can't wait for this book!!! Their names fit them perfectly:)

    ReplyDelete

We are so happy that you have decided to say something about one of our stories! Also, our blog has four authors and four books going, so please make sure that you are commenting to the right person. But please keep in mind that if your comment is in anyway inappropriate, it will not be posted. Speak, friend, and enter :)